Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs): Professional License Defense
If you’re an Advanced Practice Nurse who has concerns about your nursing license, call to schedule a free legal consultation with a nurses attorney, (512) 829-5619. Please note that we only help nurses, nursing students, and nursing applicants – with licensing and disciplinary issues.
As an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), you worked hard to get to where you are today, and if your license is in jeopardy – in any way – it could have far-reaching impact on your job prospects, career, and earnings for years to come.
If you are currently being investigated by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON), or are facing license discipline and/or restrictions, we can help!
Kevin Keaney has more than 30 years experience as an attorney and in recent years, the primary focus of his law practice has been in helping nurses defend their licenses. Prior to becoming an attorney, Kevin earned his BSN from the University of Texas Austin and worked as a nurse for four years.
A member of The American Association of Nurse Attorneys, Kevin has experience with a range of issues that can impact a nurse’s license, including:
- incompetency or behavior that doesn’t meet the Standards of Care
- substance abuse (alcohol or drugs)
- mental health issues
- errors or omissions on documents
- falsification of documents or lying
- sexual misconduct
- violation of boundaries with a patient
- unprofessional conduct
- deceit and fraud
- practicing on an expired nursing license
- failure to meet continuing education requirements
- criminal arrests and convictions
- DWI arrests and convictions
- dishonesty and fraud
Kevin can help all types of Advance Practice Nurses with professional license defense:
- Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs)
- Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs)
- Nurse Practitioners (NPs)
- Nurse Midwives
If you have questions about defending your nursing license, or would like to schedule a free legal consultation, please call (512) 829-5619, or e-mail email@example.com.
Please note: In addition to helping Advanced Practice Nurses defend their nursing licenses, we also represent all other types of nurses, including LVNs and LPNs, RNs, and traveling nurses. We can also assist with nursing license reinstatement in Texas.